Saturday, June 23, 2007

Super Easy Chicken and Dumplings

I found myself playing "Mom's Taxi" today and yet I wanted to cook some comfort food. I didn't have a lot of time, or energy. I decided to improvise. It turned out really well!
I had some chicken thighs thawed, so I took out my Deep pan (it's almost like a WOK actually) Put in a bit of oil and browned the chicken. I opened and added one of the large cans of Chicken noodle soup then put in 1 1/2 cans of water to bring to a boil. I let that simmer a while. I thought of putting in some veggies. I didn't, but would have been even better if I had. Then I made up some Bisquick dumplings and dropped on top of the bubbling brew...Covered for about 10 minutes, then uncovered for about 10 minutes. The bisquick also thickened the soup, so it turned out fabulous! Was just what I was hungry for, very satisfying, and VERY easy.

No comments: